Electric Wire Laid For Boar Hunting Claims Youth’s Life

0
562

Jharsuguda  : A 21-year-old youth died after coming in contact with a live electric wire that was laid for hunting boar at a forest near Luhabaga Village under Rengali police limits in the Jharsuguda district.

Police identified the deceased has been identified as Bhudev Meher (21yrs old) of Luhabaga Village, Kanaktura area under Lakhanpur Block of Jharsuguda District.

As per the report, On Saturday evening, Bhudev Meher along with other friends had gone for an evening outing near their village, after a while his friends decided to return back home, but he decided to take another route to return back home which was the shortest. When he did not return back to his home, the parents of the deceased started searching, when on the wee hours of Sunday, they found him lying dead on the ground, after coming in contact with the wire which was laid for hunting boar. The youth was electrocuted to death on the spot.

Rengali Police have recovered the body for post-mortem and initiated an investigation to ascertain the persons who had laid the electric wire.