Jharsuguda News

Man electrocuted after stumbling over the trap for wild boar

Jharsuguda: A 50-year-old man was electrocuted when he accidentally came in contact with the electric wire laid to trap wild boars at Semelia Village under Lakhanpur Block of Jharsuguda District in the wee hours of Thursday morning.

Police identified the deceased as Chabila Sa, 50, of Semelia Village of Lakhanpur Block under Rengali Police Station

According to Rengali police, the accident occurred in the wee hours of Thursday, when the deceased Chabila Sha had gone to take a bath when he accidentally stepped on a high-power electric wire that was laid on the ground to trap boars and died on the spot.

As per the complainant the son of the deceased, Dinesh Sa, and his father Chabila Sa had gone to take a bath on a Munda Pokhari Pond at about 4:30 am on Wee hours of Thursday. Later they got to know from villagers, that someone is lying on the farmland, and when they reached, and saw that his father was lying dead. They had also seen that there was an electric wire which was laid to trap wild boar.

Rengali Police Station Officer In charge Kamal Lochan Behera said, “We have registered a case under section 304 IPC and section 135 under Electricity Act, 2003 and have detained 3 people and presently investigating the matter.”


We are a group of professionals providing all-around information of Jharsuguda District.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!