Jharsuguda News

42 years old electrocuted at Kukurjangha

Jharsuguda: A 42 years old person died when an overhead live electric wire fell over him on Monday at Kukurjangha Village of Jharsuguda.

The deceased was identified as Prem Raj Sahu, a resident of Kukurjangha Village under Badmal Police Station.

As per the police report, On Monday morning, Prem Raj Sahu had just left his house to go to a work, when an overhead live electric wire broke and fell on him, which was repaired by WESCO officials on Sunday, due to which he was injured. He was immediately taken to Jharsuguda Dist. Headquarter Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries. Following this, the Villagers and family members of Kukurjangha had gheraoed the WESCO’s Badmal Gird and had demanded compensation. Following which after the intervention of Jharsuguda Dist. Administration and WESCO officials after assurance of the immediate relief of Rs. 25,000 and 20,000 from Red Cross Society and a job for one of the family member of the deceased.


We are a group of professionals providing all-around information of Jharsuguda District.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!