Jharsuguda: The members of WESTERN ODISHA BIDYUT SHRAMIK KARMACHARI ENGINEERS EKATA MANCHA (WOBSKEEM) submitted a memorandum through Executive engineer, WESCO to the Governor and CM of Odisha. Regarding all India Protest against Privatization of Electricity Distribution and Coal India. As the Centre had circulated the draft of Electricity bill 2020, which has provision for the Privatization of Electricity Distribution and removal of cross-subsidy in its tariff. Which enactment will hurt both the domestic and agricultural consumers drastically.
The protest is for the following measures.
- Stop the ongoing privatization/sale process of WESCO, SOUTHCO, and NESCO.
- Cancel of sale of CESU to Tata Power Company limited in view of it being detrimental to the
interests of consumers, employees, and the state.
- Urge upon Government of India to withdraw Electricity bill 2020.
- Urge upon Government of India to Stop Privatisation of Coal India.
- Ensure energy security and the right to the electricity of every citizen.
- Regularise all outsource employees working for long at WESCO UTILITY.
- Fill-Up huge vacancy post in WESCO Utility to maintain the uninterrupted 24-hour power supply to
consumers of WESCO Utility.