Jharsuguda News

Two critically burnt due to gas leak

 Jharsuguda : Two persons suffered critical burn injuries when gas, which leaked from LPG cylinder, caught fire in a house at Sarbahal under Jharsuguda Town Police Station limits on Thursday afternoon.

Police identified the injured as Rabi kumar (45) and Sailendra Mondal (36) resident of Sarbahal

The report said, On Thursday, Rabi and Sailendra, who work under a gas agency, had gone to check a problem of an LPG Cylinder in a house of one Rahas Bihari Das situated at Sarbahal.

On getting complain from Rahas Bihari Das, regarding his gas problem. The duo had gone to his house to check the problem. As Rahas Bihari Das was not present. His wife Mrs Sandhya Rani Das had asked them to check it and sent them to Kitchen. However, While they were checking the fault, foul smell was emitting from the kitchen, due to leakage in the cylinder.

Because of the smell, Mrs Das came out of the room and went to Verandah. But suddenly, she heard a loud sound like a blast. The intensity of sound was so strong that, it left all windows and door damaged.

The two people working inside the kitchen had also burnt in this incident and ran out from inside the Kitchen. On hearing the noise the neighbour living downstairs had rushed up to the first floor and saw the two men coming out from the kitchen while their clothes were on fire, they were immediately dozed off the fire by removing the burning clothes and sent them to Jharsuguda Dist. Headquarter Hospital, who were later referred to Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Burla for further treatment.

Jharsuguda Town Police Station Officer Incharge Sabitri Bal said that” We had visited the spot and presently investigating the matter.”


We are a group of professionals providing all-around information of Jharsuguda District.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!