Jharsuguda : Panic spread amongst the passengers of Train No. 13287 South Bihar Express, when a snag in the battery unit of an A1 coach in the train led to smoke below the coach on Tuesday.
The incident took place after the South Bihar Express Train reached Jharsuguda Railway station at 2:33 pm on Tuesday afternoon. Sources in the Jharsuguda railway station said the smoke was coming from a battery unit of coach. The train got delayed for about half an hour due to the incident Jharsuguda.
Jharsuguda Railway Station Manager S. Parhi said that,” An AC coach of South Bihar Express train which was halted at Jharsuguda Railway station at Platform No. 2, had developed some short circuit in its battery room under the AC Coach due to which smoke was coming out, it was spotted by a patrolling RPF Constable, who later informed the railway officials, who rushed to the spot and repaired the fault and after a halt of 20 minutes, the train left Jharsuguda Railway Station.
Jharsuguda Railway Protection Force Inspector L K Das said, “While patrolling an RPF Constable named Paramjeet Lamba, had spotted that smoke was coming out of an AC 1 Coach of South Bihar Express, after which he alerted the AC mechanic staff of that coach and later informed the guard of the train called the Station Manger to change the signal into red and after rectifying the fault and checking the train departed from Jharsuguda. at 03.01 pm.”