Jharsuguda Girl electrocuted, while she was speaking on her mobile phone keeping it on charging mode

0
561

Jharsuguda: An 18-year-old girl died while she was speaking on her mobile phone keeping it on charging mode on Friday afternoon.

Police suspect Uma Oram (18 years), a resident of Kheriakani Village under Laikera Block of Jharsuguda District died due to electrocution.

The deceased elder brother Durga Oram (27 years) said that ” She was alone in the house when the incident took place. I came to know from my neighbours that a transformer nearby my house burst and Subsequently, I rushed to my house. However, on reaching, I saw my sister lying on the ground with the burnt mobile phone in her hand. I called 108 Ambulance and took her to Jharsuguda Dist. Headquarter Hospital, where she was received dead.”

“Since the switchboard, charger and the mobile phone were found burnt, it appears that she was either listening songs or speaking to someone keeping the mobile on the charge,” he added

As per the Jharsuguda SDPO, Kailash Acharya, ” From the preliminary investigation, it appears that the 18-year-old victim was speaking on her mobile phone while her phone while the phone was being charged. As per the locals, there was a huge sound in nearby transformer at the time, when the girl was speaking to phone and due to which the current might have passed through her body, due to which she got burn injuries and when she was brought to Jharsuguda District Headquarter Hospital she was declared brought dead by doctor. Multiple burn injuries were found on the body of the deceased. However, the matter is under investigation now to ascertain the exact reason for the death.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here