Cloth store catches fire, goods worth lakhs gutted

0
44

Jharsuguda: Property worth several lakhs destroyed in a major fire that broke out at a Cloth shop (National Garment) at Station Chowk Area of Jharsuguda Town on Tuesday Morning at 8:30 AM. Several Fire tenders were rushed to the spot to control the fire and prevent it from spreading nearby shops. The cause of the fire was yet to be identified.

The officials said that the firemen battled fire for over five hours. More than 15 fire tenders were pressed along with the fire tenders from Vedanta, Bhusan Power Limited, Sundergarh and Brajrajnagar  had reached the spot. As the building had completely caught the fire inside due to the presence of new garments, which were purchased for sale in this festive season and were stocked inside the building due to which the fires fighters had a very difficulty in doze off.

Due to this, the Main station Chowk was been blocked and the traffic were diverted for smooth function of Fire tenders for coming to the spot.

“I usually come to station Chowk for having tea, when I noticed that some smokes were coming out of the Cloth store, I immediately alerted the shop owner as well as others and called Fire Officials.” Said, an eye witness Srikant Mohanty

Jharsuguda Dist. Administration along with the fire officials had reached the spot and immediately swung into action and, with the help of locals and the police, started the operation. Fire officials said a major mishap could have occurred if the fire had spread to adjoining shops. They added that the shop owner was immediately apprised about the incident and asked to reach the spot to take stock of the loss due to the mishap.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here