Jharsuguda: A Tata Ace passenger Vehicle (OR-23 B 8029) caught fire near the Biju Pattnaik Chowk at around 6.00 P.M. in the evening.
According to the sources, the vehicle was carrying passenger from Badmal , when driver saw some trouble in battery terminal, when checked he found that his vehciles battery terminal had caught fire. The passenger witnessing this ran to save thier lives along with the owner of the vehicle who abandoned it. However the name of the owner of the vehcile is yet to be confirmed.
Badmal Police officials, who reached the spot first, had alerted the Fire Officials about the incident and after some delays, the Fire Officials reached and put off the fire immediately.