Jharsuguda: Members of Anchalik Vikash Parisad met with new Jharsuguda Executive Officer of Municipality Mr. Sriniwas and put forth demands of the public of Jharsuguda. They blamed that the Jharsuguda Municipality which has to take care of public by providing various facilities like proper sanitation, Street Lights, No proper Drains etc. For which the local public of Jharsuguda is facing troubles.
In a memorandum handed over to the EO, the parisad members have put forward the following demands
- Removal of garbage’s from different points of different wards on day wise basis to minimize the chances of germination of insects due to every day rain.
- Permanent provision for storing and lifting of garbage gathered by the people at various points causing health hazards and making living difficult.
- Cleaning of drains and repairing of municipal roads
- A municipal team should be formed consisting of your goodself, Health Officer to pay regular visit to different wards and to handle the problems faced by people.
- To provide PLO and BPL cards to the deserving persons who have been left out.
- To provide old age and widow pension to the deserving persons whose application is pending since long?
- To glow the street lights of Sarbahal Ward No.1 from old Railway Fatak to Sunarimunda Chowk which is defunct since last one and half years.
- To glow the street lights of inner lanes of Sarbahal area comprising of Ward No. 22 & 1 and other wards of Jharsuguda Municipality.
- To ensure supply of adequate hygienic drinking water in all Wards of Jharsuguda Municipality and to dig bore well in sufficient number.
However, the New Executive Officer, Mr. Sriniwas have assured the members that number one priority for Proper Sanitation in Jharsuguda. He has already discussed about the necessary steps to being tackle the situation while meeting with the Health officer Dr. P. Biswas who was also present in this meeting.
Gourishankar Tiwari , Dinesh Kumar Jain , Ramesh Gandhi , ManMohan Pandey , Tapan Kumar Mishra, Narayan Mohapatra, Manoranjan Mohapatra , Dinabandhu Sharma,Harish Thacker,Daljit Singh, Subhash Sahare, Bijay Kumar Jalan were present in this meeting